- 6 Shermans
- 2 Sherman Fireflys
- 3 StuGs
- 2 Pak 40s
- 2 Platoons of PzGrenadiers (73 figures)
- 1 Platoon of US Paras (32 figurea s)
- a V1 rocket on launcher
- A small v3 Rulebook (meaning I can get this one bound professionally, unlike my first copy which got rough treatment at the hands of some 18yr shop assistant)
- Flat cardboard terrain features (4 forests, a village and some walls)
- US and German tokens e.g. dug in, pinned etc.
- US and German dice.
- Army briefings for a US Para Platoon, British Armoured Company and PzGrenadier company.
- Easy to follow instructions for assembling everything.
- Magnets for building the tanks.
The club swap meet saw me give Tom all of my German stuff (except for the V1 which I wanted to keep) for all of his Shermans and Paras. So for the grand sum of $85 I now have approx 1800-2000pts of:
- 12x Shermans
- 4 x Sherman Fireflys
- 2 x Platoons of US Paras
In the interests of balance I have to point out the one and only negative with the Starter Set and thats that the infantry figures - German, US and British tank commanders - all came on the same sprues making it hard to tell them apart. There was a letter coding system for them but I only noticed that after I had finished clipping them all out, but it would have been simplier I think for BF to put the Allied guys on one sprue and the Germans on another.
That being said the sculpts are great - not 100% perfect - but pretty damn good, and the new slotted bases are excellent.
|My final haul!!!!|